Thank you for joining us this year to celebrate excellence in education!
Common Good Awards Luncheon
Annual Common Good Awards Luncheon
Previous Common Good Awards events in which Envision Utah was proud to honor the Guadelupe School and Fidelity Investments.
Keynote Speakers & Honorees
- Keynote: Dr. Dana Suskind, Thirty Million Words
- Honorees: Goldman Sachs, Robert & Katharine Garff, Latinos in Action
- Keynote: Governor Gary R. Herbert, Your Utah, Your Future
- Honorees: Utah Transit Authority and State of Utah Leadership
- Keynote: Matthew S. Holland, President, Utah Valley University
- Honorees: United Way of Salt Lake and Rico Foods
- Keynote: Michael O. Leavitt, former Utah governor, Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency, and Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services – "Finding Allies and Building Alliances"
- Honorees: Fidelity Investments and Guadalupe School
- Keynote: Spencer P. Eccles, Executive Director of the Governor's Office of Economic Development – "Utah: Growth Is Here: Embrace It!"
- Honorees: Junior League of Salt Lake City and Harmons Food and Drug Stores
- Keynote: Gary Crocker, president, Crocker Ventures, and philanthropist – "Building a Sustainable Community-focused Business Infrastructure"
- Honoree: University of Utah Health Care System
- Keynote: Norm Bangerter, former Utah governor – "Are We Equal to Our Future? Some Suggestions for Action"
- Honoree: Lowell Bennion Community Service Center
- Keynote: Bishop Carolyn Irish, Episcopal Diocese of Utah – "What's Common About the Common Good?"
- Honorees: Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Utah Film Commission/Leigh von der Esch
- Keynote: Dr. Dinesh Patel, founding Managing Direcor, vSpring Capital – "The Future of Personalized Medicine"
- Honorees: Smith’s Food & Drug Stores and Huntsman Cancer Institute
- Keynote: Jake Garn, former U.S. Senator – "Restoring Civility to the Political Arena"
- Honorees: NAMI Utah (National Alliance on Mental Illness of Utah) and Robert & Katharine Garff
- Keynote: Reverend France Davis, Salt Lake Calvary Baptist Church – "Gems for Living"
- Honorees: LDS Humanitarian Services and Merit Medical
- Keynote: Cecil O. Samuelson, President, Brigham Young University – "The Importance of Preparing for the 'Flat World'"
- Honorees: Stampin’ Up! and Volunteers of America, Utah
- Keynote: Michael K. Young, President, University of Utah – "The Relevance of Universities in the 21st Century"
- Honorees: Sorenson Companies and Intermountain Health Care’s Community Health Partnerships
- Keynote: Dr. Mario Capecchi, Nobel Prize winner and University of Utah researcher – "Altering the Genome in the 21st Century"
- Honorees: George S. and Dolores Dore Eccles Foundation and American Express
- Keynote: Bishop George Niederauer, Catholic Diocese of Salt Lake City – "Out of Many, One: Slogan or Reality"
- Honorees: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Foundation and O.C. Tanner Company
- Keynote: Dr. Steve R. Covey, author and educator – "Heart, Mind, Body and Spirit"
- Honorees: Utah-based Athletes of the Winter Olympic and Paralympic Games
- Keynote: President Thomas S. Monson, First Presidency, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, – "Maintaining and Enhancing Utah's Sense of Community
- Honorees: Catholic Community Services and NuSkin Enterprises
- Keynote: Mitt Romney, CEO, Salt Lake Organizing Committee, 2002 Winter Olympics – "What We Must Do to Ensure the Success of the 2002 Winter Games"
- Honorees: Quality Growth Efficiency Tools Committee and Utah Power/Pacificorp
- Keynote: Dr. Bernie Machen, president, University of Utah – "The Unique Role Higher Education Plays in Utah's Future"
- Honorees: Ogden School District and First Security Bank
- Keynote: Dr. Margaret Wheatley, author and educator – "The Importance of Including Everyone in Society"
- Honorees: Travelers Aid Society and Larry H. Miller
- Keynote: Dr. David P. Gardner, president, William & Flora Hewlett Foundation – "Utah: Another California?"
- Honorees: Nature Conservancy and Kennecott Corporation
View the embedded image gallery online at: